Monday, October 30, 2017

Scrooge and Jack(s)

The pre-Halloween festivities continue (sometimes I think the parties before Halloween are more fun than the actual holiday).


Todd's Joy School group had their little Halloween party today.  The kids were supposed to wear costumes and sing Halloween songs for their parents.  Todd chose not to do either of those things (though he did at least hold his doggy/kitty tail and a little pumpkin).


He's a bit of a Halloween scrooge, but he won't turn down a holiday cupcake.


Our family home evening activity tonight was jack-o-lantern carving .  As a child I tried to have the least possible contact with icky, slimy, pumpkin entrails, but as a mom I'm so used to dealing with gross stuff that I just rolled up my sleeves and cleaned four pumpkins out ASAP so we could move on to the fun parts of the activity: designing and carving.  The three big kids designed their own jack-o-lanterns and then carved them (with a little help).  I gave Todd a few faces to choose from, then I did the carving for his pumpkin.


Let's see how these jack-o-lanterns turned out.


Left to right: Joy's, Daniel's, Anna's (note the flower on the side), and Todd/Mama's.

No comments: